i could actually eat cookies everyday (breakfast, lunch AND dinner) for the rest of time! These sweet lil nugs are friggen bomb! I like to think they're not thattttttt healthy (they actually are), in attempt to stop myself from eating an entire friggen batch in one sitting. I feel like for me, especially in October/November months when the days are short/dark and my motivation to work out is at an all time low, i can eat a healthy batch of cookies and not feel like complete garbage about myself. I mean, it's the little things... you know?
cacao pumpkin cookies
*makes 20 cookies
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 banana, ripe and mashed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin, puree *(not the pie filling type)
- 2 tablespoons white chia
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add in eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin and banana
- Next, add in coconut flour, oats, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chia seeds.
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. You can flatten the dough with the palm of your hand if you would like to have the cookies thin, or you can leave the dough as is and the cookies will be puffier.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly golden brown around the edges. Allow them to cool on a cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Makes around 20 cookies.