I still crave chocolate & sweets (of course) but today i'm in the mood for a homemade healthy substitution straight out of KyKy's kitchen.
Enter: Guilt free, not-too-sweet, GLUTEN-FREE, pumpkin + oatmeal + flax cookies. perfect little bite-sized cookies full of pure blissssss. Great for a post workout pick me up or 3pm energy slump. bonus: very quick & easy to make!
Yeilds: about 20 cookies
- 2 cups GLUTEN-FREE oats
- 1 cup flax meal, ground
- 1 egg, WHISKED
- 2 large bananas (ripe/mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 package stevia
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash both bananas until well combined.
- Next, stir all remaining ingredients together until evenly mixed and moist.
- Line your baking sheet with a layer of coconut oil to avoid sticking to the bottom of the sheet.
- Use a spoon to grab the mixture and then flatten batter to desired thickness and shape (cookies will not expand upon baking).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool and store in an airtight container to preserve freshness.