Amaze-bowl... Amaze-balls... same same.
Let's talk about breakfast. Probably the most important (and delicious) meal of the day! This bowl of weekend goodness has you feeling full, energized and content for hours and hours. If you've been following my blog for a while (or not) you can easily see that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. My perfect weekend morning consists of getting up nice and early (around 7am), hitting up my favorite 8am yoga class (thank you miss maggie), taking a quick shower and while my hair is in mid-dry mode, i start my quest for the perfect breakfast - both equally tasty and aesthetically appealing. It's literally full kitchen take-over at my abode through the weekend. My most crave-able breakfast item of the moment is this overnight oatmeal, but on steroids. See below for the how-to & ingredients!
- 1/2 cup quick organic oats
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, white
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground (+ more if you love cinnamon as much as i do!)
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax, ground
- 1 tbsp coconut, shredded
- hand full of blueberries
- Using a fork start by mashing your 1/2 ripe banana in a small bowl.
- Next, mix in oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, 2 tbsp chia seeds & stevia
- allow the "ono" mixture to combine & set in your refrigerator overnight (or for 4-6 hours)
- In the morning, remove your creation & top your oats off with sliced banana, chia seeds, flax, coconut shreds & blueberries!
*taking photos is also highly recommended... I heard it makes it taste better, too! ;)