Carrot x Almond Butter Bliss Balls
Frankly I've missed these bad boys. I'm totally obsessed with carrots. Carrots and dip, carrot smoothies, carrot cake; to name a few! I use to make all sorts ofdifferent "bliss balls" but to be honest they've got pretty damn expensive! When you think about it, they all contain super overpriced nuts, seeds, butters and other expensive gluten-free, vegan, paleo, sugar-free ingredients lol... Even though they break the bank, it's totally worth it to know all of the ingredients I'm eating in my healthy treat. Plus, I do really enjoy making these little guys on a Sunday afternoon then saving them to snack on for the week... I hope you enjoy too!
Serves: 22 balls
- 5 long stemmed carrots
- 1 cup quick organic oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal, ground
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pulse ingredients in your blender (I used my Vitamix) or food processor for one minute or until you have reached a thick/chunky consistency.
- Next, line a baking sheet with a light layer of virgin coconut oil or wax paper.
- Using your hands start creating small 1-inch ball formations.
- Place each bliss ball on the baking sheet and allow them to set in your refrigerator for a couple hours prior to eating!
- Remove and enjoy!!!