With pumpkin on my mind, I thought I would try a new recipe including all my main flavour favourites... pumpkin, spice, coconut, banana and oatmeal! and TA-DA... here you have these Pumpkin Spice Banana Oat Bars!
- 1.5 cup quick organic oats
- 1.5 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/3 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Use a fork or wisk to mash the banana into a smooth paste in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin pure, coconut milk, egg, coconut extract then stir until smooth.
- Next add the quick oats, baking powder, cinnamon and spices and stir just until combined.
- Line a 8x8 dish with a light layer of coconut oil then pour all of the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-35 minutes.