Although it doesn't feel like fall just yet, the beginning of September always gives me the urge to break out the pumpkin pure from the kitchen cabinet and get cooking! This is my first pumpkin soup of the season & simply put, I'm obsessed. Thank you Vitamix for making my soup addiction possible! ;)
- 1.5 cup pumpkin pure
- 1.5 cup chicken broth (non-salted)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk (1/2 the fat)
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped (optional: sauté)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, ground
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- black pepper/sea salt, to taste
- green apple, chopped (optional)
- Take out all of your ingredients.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, pumpkin pure & coconut oil into the Vitamix.
- Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, salt/pepper
- Next add onion; either heated up or sautéed in a pan.
- Once all ingredients are in the Vitamix, secure the lid and slowly begin to turn up the speed from variables 1 to 10.
- Blend together for 5-8 minutes or until steam begins to escape from the lid.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and a dash of cinnamon.