Banana bread and I have always had this type of love/hate relationship. It's always tasted way too delicious to me, probably because it combines my most favorite foods... bananas and bread. I've been struggling for over a year now to come up with a recipe that tastes delicious and also isn't terrible for you to eat on a semi-regular basis. I always enjoy having some sort of treat at home that is easy & accessible for me to stick in my lunch for when at work. I have FINALLY come up with something that not only tastes incredible, but it's also gluten-free grain-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, 100% organic and best of all, GUILT FREE!!! You literally cannot feel the slightest bit bad when eating this (i'm seriously upset once it's gone)! I've been SO obsessed with this recipe that I have made it 5 times in the last 8 days to make sure that it's absolutely perfect & fool proof! Enjoy & I would love feedback if any of you do decide to make it!
- 4 large organic eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 50 g or 3.5 tbsp. raw organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, ground
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup. ground flax meal
Optional: + 2-3 tbsp. organic honey or maple syrup (I recommend you taste it once before adding this first - I don't believe it needs it!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line your baking tin with a layer of organic coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients, including: mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla extract & coconut oil.
- Next, fold dry ingredients into the same bowl, including: cinnamon, pump pie spice, baking soda, coconut flour & ground flax meal.
- Then allow the banana bread mixture to set in the bowl without stirring it for two minutes.
- Pour the mix into the baking tin.
- Bake banana bread for 40-45 minutes at 350 F or until you are able to remove a clean toothpick from the bread.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy your delicious treat!