Last night was my first experience with “frittata” and it most definitely will not be my last! This dish is the kind of thing you can make with little to no effort. All you need are some fresh veggies, eggs and some seasoning and you are all set to go! From this moment forward I will be experimenting with different types of frittatas much more frequently. Not only is fritatta a great meal for breakfast or dinner, it's even better saved as a snack for school and work so be sure to make lots of extra!! :)
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- + any additional spices
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk and seasoning together.
- Next, lightly line an 8 inch oven safe dish with a layer of coconut oil.
- Add all chopped & diced vegetables to the bottom of the dish then pour liquid mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer the dish into your oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center of the frittata is nice, fluffy and gloden brown.
- Allow frittata to cool for a couple of minutes then cut into 6-8 squares.
-the blissful belly xx
ps. special thanks to my sous chef, Ryan. xo