This was definitely a "go-with-the-flow" kind of recipe. Sometimes I feel like I need to do that more in my life... "Go with the flow", that is. It seems that am always bound to strict types of restraints and limitations for myself- be it timelines, strict eating or being angry with myself for not hitting my mat as much as I have "planned" too. I am constantly on this tight-ass schedule with everything I do. Heaven forbid my plans happen to shift and I physically can't make it somewhere- I beat myself up for it. I feel like it's definitely important for me to acknowledge this in order to move forward. Although I have always known this, I can see it now free of judgement and be more compassionate/kind towards myself. I'm really trying hard to be more of a calm, cool, collected & go-with-the-flow kind of gal. And yes, I know this has nothing to do with oatmeal raisin chocolate chip protein cookies, but it was on my mind. Sorry not sorry, lol.
Makes 26 cookies.
- 3 whole bananas
- 2 free-range eggs
- 5 cups quick organic oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1tbs Cinnamon
- 1tbs Vanilla extract
- 30g vanilla whey protein powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line with a light layer of coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your wet ingredients: mashed bananas, vanilla extract & eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine your dry ingredients: oats, chocolate chips, raisins, chia, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Next, fold both bowls into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Using a spoon, create small round balls with the cookie batter and place them onto your baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in your oven for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool before eating.
Let's get baking!
- the blissful belly
p.s Thank you to Taylor McMahon for all your help :)