Yes, another pumpkin recipe delight... I just can't get enough ;) I never really liked pumpkin as a kid but it's now one of my most recent food obsessions... I find myself ordering pumpkin at every place I can.
These paleo pumpkin pancakes are especially yummy. Give em' a try!
Recipe is as follows; Yields: 3 pancakes
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp apple sauce (this one was homemade)
- 1 tbsp maple extract
- 4 tbsp pumpkin pure
- 2 packets stevia (or another sweetener)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- Place a non stick pan on med-high heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Allow the coconut oil to melt onto the pan.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together; 3 eggs, apple sauce, maple extract & pumpkin pure in a medium sized bowl using a whisk or fork.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix the following dry ingredients together; stevia, cinnamon, baking soda and almond meal.
- Fold both wet and dry ingredients together and whisk till smooth.
- Use a spoon to scoop the mixture and create medium sized circles on the skillet with about 1/3 of the pancake batter. (you may need to add more coconut oil onto the skillet for the next pancake to avoid sticking)
- After 1-3 minutes check on the pancake (lift up one side) to see if the edges have become a golden brown colour, if so flip it to the opposite side and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes. (Little bubbles may appear on the top of the pancake when it is ready to be flipped over)
- Repeat step # 5 until batter runs out.
- Transfer pancakes onto a warm plate and top them with maple syrup, cinnamon & pumpkin seeds!