Oh my gee!!! Thanksgiving is already here and I am obviously thankful for this abundance of PUMPKIN in my life!! This pumpkin spice bread is one of my all time favourites... I changed it up a bit by adding something new... maple pumpkin frosting!
Enjoy my friends & happiest Thanksgiving to you and your families :)
Pumpkin spice bread ingredients:
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3 packets stevia
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
maple pumpkin frosting ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons lactose-free greek yogurt (liberte)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pure
- 1 teaspoon maple agave nectar
- 2 packets stevia
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line your baking tin with a layer of organic virgin coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients, including: pumpkin pure, eggs, maples extract & coconut oil.
- Then use a separate bowl to mix your dry ingredients; cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, stevia, baking soda, coconut flour & ground flax meal.
- Fold dry ingredients into the same bowl as the wet ingredients and whisk together throughly.
- Next, pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake pumpkin spice bread for 30-33 minutes at 400 degrees F or until you are able to remove a clean toothpick from the bread.
- In a separate bowl, combine all frosting ingredients together then whisk until you reach a fluffy consistency.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing then top with frosting. Enjoy!!