Strawberry banana paleo pancakes
Oooo. This was a good one! Happy Friday! I'm currently gearing up for what will potentially be the busiest day of the year at lululemon in Oakville. Welcome to Midnight-Madness! It's time for a crazy adventure!
Ingredients: (makes three large pancakes)
- 2 free-range medium sized eggs
- 1 scoop strawberry protein powder(Gold Standard Whey brand)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Raw honey or maple nectar
- Place a non stick pan on med-high heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil-allow this to melt onto the pan
- Mix the protein, 2 eggs, flax seed, and banana in a medium sized bowl using a whisk or fork
- Use a spoon to scoop the mixture and create medium sized circles on the skillet with about 1/4 of the pancake batter. (you may need to add more coconut oil onto the skillet for the next pancake to avoid sticking)
- After 1-2 minutes check on the pancake (lift up one side) if it has become a golden brown colour then flip it to the opposite side and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. (Little bubbles may appear on the top of the pancake when it is ready to be flipped over)
- Repeat step # 3 until batter runs out
- Transfer pancakes onto a warm plate and top them with sliced banana, strawberries, raw honey and cinnamon!
Enjoy my friends! xo