Spinach + Veggie Omelet
WOW! This summer has been bussssssy. My apologizes for my lack of posts over the past month(s). Between working, yoga, teaching yoga, my girlfriends, traveling, and getting organized for back to school, I have left myself zero time to record my food creations!
You can never go wrong with eggs for breakfast, for lunch, or really for any time of day. In all honesty I used to HATE eggs. Like I had this thing against them… I didn't like anything about them until one day I tried one out for myself and ended up loving it. Life is kind of weird like that (at least for me). This summer I have eaten eggs every-single-day. Whether that be eggs on there own, in an omelet, or my favourite banana pancake recipe! They're easy to make and packed with so much greatness... so hey, why not?
- 1/2-1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ginger seasoning
- 1/3 tbs chopped garlic
- 4 free-range eggs
Fresh ground pepper
- Break four eggs into a small bowl and gently whisk them together until they are combined
- Place a large skillet onto your stovetop and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Once the skillet becomes heated allow the coconut oil to melt on medium heat and coat the skillet entirely
- Pour all four eggs evenly onto the skillet and allow the eggs a few moments to set (or till the eggs are white on the bottom)
- Once the eggs have set on the bottom of the pan, spoon your toppings onto one side of the omelet and cook for another two or three minutes (till the center is fully cooked)
- Using a spatula gently fold one side of the omelet the toppings and allow this to cook for another two or three minutes
- Slide the omelet out of the skillet and onto a plate. Serve with sliced avocado and fresh salsa!