Tomato Ground Turkey and Sprouts on a Bed of Lettuce
DIY simple salads are a common go-to of mine. More often than not I get home pretty late during the week from working or yoga classes, which always lessen my time at home for creating big extravagant meals! Salads can be super fun and versatile- so get creative with it!!
- 1 package ground turkey
- 2 cups baby tomatoes (approx. 15)
- 1 cup organic sprouts
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Romane lettuce
- Heat up your pan or skillet on medium high heat
- Remove ground turkey from packaging and blot out the excess moisture with a paper towel
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan
- Begin to fry your ground turkey in the pan and add seasonings, tomatoes, and sauce (turkey is a lean meat and is quite bland without any seasoning)
- Fry ground turkey in the pan until pink has dissapeared and meat is cooked through
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl add roman lettuce, ground turkey, and top with sprouts.