-Dice A Mango-
Mangos are delicious- BUT they are always a pain in the bum to eat because of the effort and time it takes to cut them... Here are a few simple steps to make your mango cutting go a heck of a lot smoother!
- On a cutting board, sit your mango long-side up and have it's stem pointing up towards the ceiling
- Using a sharp bladed knife- begin to slice one cheek of the mango (about 1/4 inch from the centre). Repeat this step on the remaining three sides (what you will be left with is mostly the mango seed)
- Lightly cut checkerboard slices into the mango without puncturing the mangos flesh. (Cut in a cross-diagonal pattern)
- You can now flip the mangos flesh inside out and use a sharp knife to scrape the dices off of the flesh
* Pre dicing your mango and freezing it creates an easy way for storing for the future when wanting to create smoothies and ice creams