Raw Almond Cashew Nut Butter
I think I have a slight obsession with almond and various other nut butters. Whether it is on my apple slices, in my breakfast, or for dessert, I have some every single day without a doubt! I really wanted to try making it on my own, so thats what I did and it only took THREE ingredients!
- 3 cups raw mixed almonds+cashews
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Using your vitamix, (or food processor) add your ingredients into the blender.
- Start at variable 1 and slowly increase to variable 10 pausing for a couple seconds in-between each increase.
- Meanwhile, use the tamper to push the mixture around and to avoid it from sticking to the sides.
- This whole process should only take between 50 seconds to 1 minute.
- When my almond/cashew butter was complete it was very warm, and super smooth consistency.(If you desire a more chunky-type consistency i would suggest to blend it for a little bit less time and then pulse.)
- Use a spatula to remove the butter from the vitamix and scoop it into an air-tight jar or glass container. The trickiest part is cleaning the vitamix out! (fill up half-way with warm water and soap and blend at high speed- should do the trick!)