Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Spaghetti squash is one dinner favourite of mine that never fails! Each and every time I make it I find it to be done super quick, easy, and deliciously! I love spaghetti squash for a few reasons- but my most favourite thing about it is that it dups and substitutes as a pasta. When I'm feeling really hungry and wanting something more "hearty", spaghetti squash always does the trick for me!
- 2 servings
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon organic pesto
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise) and place it open faced on a baking sheet/pan lined with tin foil or brushed with coconut oil.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds from inside the squash.
- Next, lightly season the squash by adding fresh pesto, sea salt, garlic, cayenne pepper, onion, and basil.
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes. (TIP: The squash is ready to be removed from the oven when you can easily scrape the inside with fork and it comes apart easily).
- Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Using a fork, begin to scrape out the inside of the squash as it starts to form stringy "noodles"
- Place the noodles in a medium sized bowl and toss with mixed vegetables