Today I was in the mood to do some recipe testing. It's Sunday so baking was the perfect afternoon activity to indulge in!
These PALEO pumpkin spice coconut cookies turned out moist and delicious! I'm pretty happy with the end result. I may have added a bit more honey and/or sweetener substitute, but other then that they were great! Good luck & enjoy! (& yes i do realize that they turned into more "ball" shapes then cookie shapes!) lol
Serves 3 dozen cookies
What you'll need...
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2-1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cups honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line with baking parchment/wax paper.
- In one bowl combine your spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, pumpkin seeds, and coconut.
- In a separate bowl mix your pumpkin, coconut oil, egg, and coconut extract ingredients.
- Next, combine and mix both bowls together until smooth.
- Using your spoon create small round balls with the cookie batter and place them onto your baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in your oven for 18-22 minutes (until the edges begin to brown)
- Allow to cool before eating
xo- the blissful belly