So... I have this entire week off from school! Hurray for college reading week! Recently I been itching to get back to cooking and working out. My body has taken a total beating from school and working throughout September and October. Today is Monday- and I am getting back into it!
I randomly came up with this recipe for paleo sweet potato pancakes this morning. Nothing beats sweet potatoes and pancakes individually, I assumed that naturally they would work great combined together! It also seemed quite fall of me. lol! One feedback for this recipe is that the pancakes came out quite thick. Next time I will try to substitute a few of the eggs for egg whites instead. Good luck & enjoy xo
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 9 pancakes
You will need:
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Use a fork to pierce your sweet potato. Wrap it in a paper towel and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until tender on high heat. Cool, then use a knife to remove the skin.
- Mash your sweet potato in a bowl and then mix with eggs.
- Next incorporate additional ingredients into the same bowl and mix until smooth. (if batter become too thick add some egg whites)
- Heat pan on med-high heat. Melt 1 tsp coconut oil onto the pan.
- Use a spoon to scoop two spoonfuls of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Allow one side to cook fully then flip to the other side till browned. Repeat this step until you run out of batter. *(If necessary add more coconut oil onto your pan for each batch of pancakes)
- Serve with sprinkled cinnamon, coconut, maple syrup or a dollop of greek yogurt! :)