sweet vanilla spice homemade almond milk!
- 1 cup SOAKED raw almonds (i put mine in a mason jar and fill it with filtered water and allow it to soak for 10-24 hours)
- one tablespoon ground nutmeg
- one tablespoon ground cinnamon
- one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- one tablespoon vanilla extract or sugar free vanilla syrup
Method: Drain the soaked raw almonds and rinse them in filtered water and then place the soaked almonds into the bottom of your blender. Add four cups of filtered water along with the cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Blend the mixture into liquified. Once you are complete, use a fine strainer to separate the almond milk from the almond pulp. Keep the left over pulp and use it to create your own almond flour or cookies. Be sure to refrigerate the almond milk prior to drinking!
Making your own homemade almond milk is a super easy process and I love it mostly because it allows me to know exactly what ingredients are being added. I keep my almond milk in the fridge for about 5-7 days and then make a whole new batch!